Tim Hudak’s million jobs plan will build a better OntarioJanuary 14, 2014
KITCHENER – “This is a bold plan that will produce more jobs and take-home pay for hard-working Ontarians,” Kitchener-Conestoga MPP Michael Harris said today.
Harris’s comments come following the release of Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak’s Million Jobs Act.
If passed, this proposed Act would:
- Produce more jobs and increase take-home pay through lower taxes and less debt;
- Ensure affordable energy that will create jobs, not eliminate them;
- Train more skilled workers to meet the demand in trades, and help young people find good jobs;
- Increase trade with our neighbours;
- End the bureaucratic runaround that inhibits job creation.
“More than a million Ontarians are out of work,” Harris said. “The debt has doubled under the Liberals and our deficit is now higher than all of the other provinces combined.”
“The Wynne Liberals are taking this province in the wrong direction,” Harris continued. “Hydro rates are skyrocketing, health services are under threat and our best and brightest are leaving in droves.”
“The people of Kitchener-Conestoga deserve a plan to put well-paying jobs first and ensure a bright future for our young people,” Harris said. “This plan does that, so it should be supported by all MPPs when it is tabled in the Ontario Legislature.”